Practical Music Search is an open source client for the Music Player Daemon, written in C++ and ncurses. The target audience are power users who need an MPD client that is highly configurable. PMS features a simple but powerful interface similar to Vim, and runs on (at least) Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X.
- Basic MPD commands: play, pause, stop, add, remove, and so on.
- Supports MPD IDLE mode.
- Simple and powerful playlist management: queue, library, and playlists.
- Customize key bindings, colors, layout, and columns.
- Command-mode, much like Vim.
- Copy songs between playlists.
- Create, save and delete playlists.
- Filter library or any playlist by search string.
- Quick movement: jump to next artist or next album in a keystroke.
- Search within search results.
- Add or play entire albums or artists at once.
- Linear or random playing through any playlist.
- Option to have playback following cursor position, or vice versa.
- Jump to currently playing song.
- Regular expression matching.